Play Group School
2 years to 3 years
Morning Batch - 09:30 am to 11:30 am
Afternoon Batch - 11:30 am to 01:30 pm
What is Play Group
Social & Emotional Development
- Learning how to interact and get along well with others is critical to success in school.
- Children participate in the community of classroom.
- Children build relationships with others kids and teachers & helpers.
|1. Get Chatty||Engaging in conversations with children|
|2. Be a Commentator||Giving descriptions of objects, activities or events|
|3. Mix It Up||Using differnt types of words and grammar|
|4. Label It||Providing children with the names of objects or actions|
|5. Tune In||Enanging in activities or objects that interest children|
|6. Read Interactively||Using books to engage childern's participation|
|7. Read It Again & Again & Again!||Reading books multiple times|
|8. Props, Please!||Introducing objects that spark conversations|
|9. Make Music||Engaging in musical activities|
|10. Sing It||Using gestures or simple sings with words|
Teaching Methodology - The casual and healthy atmosphere
ensures friendly interaction between students and teachers.
- Teaching at Petals is a unique blend of Cross-Curriculam. Teaching is done in the following ways:-
- play Way Methods
- Audio-Visual Learning
- Hands on experience
- Montessori Methods
- Interactive teaching methods such as puppet shows, story, sessions, power point presentations, and rol plays are used as lerning tools.
- Podium Practice is given to remove stage fear & crowd fear.
Small & Large Motor Development
- Fine Motor Skills ( Small Muscles) – Drawing, Puzzles, Clay Play, Doodling, Colouring.
- Gross Motor Skills ( Large Muscles) – Walking, Running, Catching, Throwing, Swinging, Riding.
- Movement Control & Balance
Colour & Shape Recognition
- Color and shape are ways children observe and categorize what they see.
- colours & shapes are two very noticeable attributes of the world around us.
When you look out of your window, you may not be saying it ...
but your mind is noticing and identifying the green trees,
brown rectangle buildings, square windows, and blue sky.
Visual Art / Creative Activities - Art and Craft
- Bilateral Coordination - Crafts such as coloring, drawing, cutting, all require child to use both of their hands together.
This skill is important in other areas of their lives as they continue to grow, such as writing, tying shoes, typing and so much more!
- Fine Motor Coordination – In order to draw shapes, cut patterns, and hand writing, child is required to use their fine motor coordination.
These skills similarly translate to other areas of their lives, such as dressing ,eating, and in the academic setting.
- Benefits Of Dance : Dance education enhances physical, emotional and social skills.
- Dance is Fun.
Phonological Awareness – songs, rhymes & finger plays (Action Songs)
- Song is a special type of speech.
- It prepares child's ear, voice and brain for language.
- Listening to and singing along with rhymes and songs uses and develops both sides of the brain.
Role Plays – Exploring Experiential Learning.
Role Play helps develop vocabulary.
Increases wealth of Knowledge.
Montessori lab has educational toys which enhances - hand and eye manipulation,
visual spacial awareness, sensory play, puzzles, co-ordination and concentration.
Character Education – Indian Values – Sense of Patriotism
Being Indian – Celebrating Festivals – Introduction to different cultures.
Field Trips are fun & brings us close to nature.
Field Trips provides a valuable learning experience.
Aum – Chanting helps children calm down.
Yogacise – enhances the physical flexibility, develops focus & concentration.
Free Play - is vital to children's social development & emotional maturity.
They learn to take turns.
Little Chefs – Lets eat a treat
Stories told through Puppets
Evaluation Day & Report Day
Strengths and weaknesses of children are shared with the parents after each semester
Freshly Cooked - Nutritious & Healthy Meals
Daily Report to know how your child's day has been at Petals Kids.
Glimpses of Petalites